The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society’s European Section (MDS-ES) Summit will occur every two years as a forum to further develop the field of Movement Disorders in the region. The ES Summit: Therapeutic Milestones in Parkinson’s Disease will be held March 18-20, 2020 in Venice, Italy.
Join us to:
- Understand the genetic background, the biological mechanisms and the pathology of Parkinson's disease
- Appraise diagnostic approaches including differential diagnosis with atypical parkinsonism.
- Evaluate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment options available
- Discuss the role of a multidisciplinary team and the contribution of wearable technology to disease management
The purpose of the ES Summit is consistent with the objectives of the MDS-ES, which include:
- Facilitate communication between clinicians (including medical specialists, nurses, and allied health professionals) and researchers in the European section of the MDS
- Disseminate updated knowledge about diagnosis, pathophysiology and management of Parkinson’s disease
- Improve quality of life and independence of Parkinson patients and careers
- Promote research and facilitate research collaborations in the field of Parkinson’s disease
- Expose clinicians and researchers in the European section of the MDS to Parkinson initiatives and in so doing, encourage their membership in the MDS-ES
The target participants of the ES Summit are clinicians (including medical specialists, nurses, allied health professionals and other interested medical professionals, as well as those in training for these disciplines) and researchers from the region. Among these participants will be many opinion leaders and key movement disorders specialists from the European Section of the MDS.
ES Summit Scientific Program Committee
Chair: Bastiaan Bloem
ES Summit Oversight Committee
Chair: Angelo Antonini